Dr.Sam Watkins, a Seattle native, treats individuals of all activity levels from weekend warriors to the collegiate and professional athlete. As an undergraduate at Pacific Lutheran University, he was a goalkeeper for the men’s varsity soccer team. Sam continues to play soccer and is also an avid rock climber.
Sam has a particular interest in treating lower extremity and shoulder injuries. He utilizes his prior experience as an athlete and coach, in combination with knowledge of tissue healing, and strength and conditioning principles, to provide patients with activity-specific, individualized treatments. Sam works to assure clients can resume activities that they enjoy and those they need to function in their daily lives.
Together with Dr. Carly Catanese, Sam provides a VIP physical therapy experience for our growing clientele. From post-op care to chronic arthritic conditions, they follow best practice with measurable outcomes.
Pacific Lutheran University, BAS, 2014
George Washington University, DPT, 2018
Sam enjoys an active lifestyle all year long. He plays indoor and outdoor soccer, rock climbs, regularly strength trains, and skis in the winter.
Licensure, Certifications, and Professional Associations
- Washington State physical therapy license 2018 to present
- American Physical Therapy Association member
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (Through the National Strength and Conditioning Association CSCS)
- Certified Blood Flow Restriction Training Provider through Owens Recovery Science (ORS)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification