What you can expect at MoveMend:
- You’ll have a 30-minute session with either a physical or occupational therapist
- You can discuss an injury, or talk about specific aches and pains you’re experiencing
- And yes, it really is free! Your insurance won’t be billed for this appointment
What will happen:
- The therapist will do a brief exam, get some of your history, and let you know if they recommend therapy
- If you’re a good candidate for therapy, you’ll get a written treatment plan outlining some of the details
- Your treatment plan might include the duration and frequency of appointments, as well as some types of exercises you might work on
How it differs from a full evaluation:
- A free screen is not a formal new patient evaluation. For a full evaluation, your therapist needs to work with you for an hour to collect more details and do a more thorough exam.
- You will not be given any specific exercises to perform
- A therapist only issues an exercise program after a full evaluation to make sure it’s tailored to your specific needs
If PT or OT would help you, you can then schedule a full evaluation. The good news? Because your therapist gathered some information during the free screen, you can move more quickly into treatment.
Want some expert advice on what might be causing your pain?
Don’t let pain or injury keep you from the activities you love!
If you want to skip the free screen and go right to a full evaluation, it’s easy to do and we accept most major insurances! You can schedule an evaluation by clicking the links below
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.